Ah, the benefits of berries never end!
They are good to eat and good for your skin. Cranberries naturally exfoliate dead skin and contain vital antioxidants to promote anti-aging skin health, improve skin texture, tone and firmness.
- Vitamin C
increases collagen production, reduces redness and brightens the skin. Vitamin A is supports healthy pore function, and cell turnover.
- Vitamin A
helps keep pores clear, which can help reduce acne and oil production.
- Cranberries contain polyphenols,
, which are antioxidants known for their powerful anti-aging effects. The polyphenols in cranberries help fight free radicals, the damaging byproducts of environmental toxins, UV Damage, and other stressors, to repair damaged skin and reduce the signs of aging. The polyphenols found in cranberries :
- Provides skin soothing properties to reduce inflammation and redness.
- Enhances, and amplifies the antioxidant properties of Vitamins A, C, and E.
- Improves circulation
- Slows damage caused by oxidative stress, which may help reduce sun related aging.
- Repairs UV Damage, and helps slow damage of oxidative stress, which may help reduce sun related aging.
- Helps repair collagen, and Inhibits the enzyme that breaks down collagen for smooth, firm, elastic skin.
- The Natural Fruit Enzymes
in cranberries gently exfoliate the skin by dissolving dead, dull skin. Revitalizes skin, bringing new, fresh skin to the surface to brighten and reduce signs of aging.
- Vitamin E
is an antioxidant that strengthens the skin’s natural barrier function to prevent moisture loss, fights free radicals and protects skin against UV damage.
- Cranberries are rich Essential Fatty Acids
. Cranberries have a unique 1:1 ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which is the perfect ratio for maximum absorption into the skin. Essential fatty acids improves skin elasticity, and keeps skin hydrated, nourished and radiant.
Mash the cranberries by hand or use a blender to form a paste. Stir in the honey and greek yogurt and mix until all ingredients are completed blended together. Slowly add just enough oats to thicken the mixture into a paste. Refrigerate the mask for about 20 minutes.
After cleansing, apply the mask to your face, neck and chest. (You may want to wear an old shirt while you wear the mask, as the cranberries could stain some fabrics.) Relax for about 10-15 minutes, or until the mask has dried. Splash your face with water, or use a damp washcloth to moisten, and soften the mask. Gently exfoliate the skin, by scrubbing in circular motions. Rinse the rest of the mask away using lukewarm water, and pat dry. Apply the rest of your skin care and enjoy your revitalized skin!