Fall is right around the corner and we couldn't be more excited. Embrace the season with this homemade facial mask made with fresh pumpkin puree. If you want naturally radiant and glowing skin while you sip your next pumpkin spiced latte, this mask is for you!
- Pumpkins are loaded with anti-aging antioxidants including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Carotene, Linoleic Acid, Lutein making it the perfect base for a natural facial mask! Vitamin A and C help to refine skin texture and tone for a brighter, smoother face. Pumpkin has natural enzymes that help to gently exfoliate and brighten the skin. And unlike other plants, pumpkin doesn't contain fragrance chemicals that could potentially irritate the skin. Honey
- You already know we love honey around here!
Honey provides exceptional hydration and soothing nourishment to all skin types - even acne prone skin! Greek Yogurt
- Yogurt contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid, which exfoliates and hydrates the skin to brighten, smooth and calm the skin. Reju
- 2 cups of raw pumpkin puree (fresh is best!)
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of plain Greek Yogurt (Kefir works too!)
- 1/4 cup of coarse almond flour/meal (or you can ground your own almonds in a food processor until powdery.)
Blend all the ingredients together. It's possible to mix by hand, but we recommend a blender or food processor to ensure the mask is throughly mixed!
Apply the pumpkin mask to your face and neck (and a friend's face and neck, there'll be plenty to go around!) Let the mask sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cool water, using circular motions to exfoliate skin with the ground almond meal. After the mask is throughly rinsed away, pat skin dry with a clean towel and apply an appropriate moisturizer for your skin type. And enjoy your smooth, glowing skin!